Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tucking In

Tonight I tucked Owen & Frankie into bed. Since they are sleeping at Grammie's (Christi's mom, Liz) tomorrow night, I won't be doing so again for at least ten days.

Really, ten days without tucking one's kids into bed is not that big a deal. Heck, there are nights I don't want to tuck them in. But tonight kind of felt like a big deal.

Many people have asked me how they're doing with my cancer. I think they're doing pretty well and I hope it's not taking up too much of their day to day thoughts. But the truth is that I don't know. How do you crack into the brains and emotions of a nine and five year old? I think what they really want is a definitive answer to a simple and beautifully childish question: will Daddy die?

Perhaps it's not such a childish question after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment